I'm A Passionate team leader with cutting edge product design skills with experience supporting organizations ranging from start-up to mature. Excellent presentation, people, organizational and planning skills. Excels in fast-paced, lean and agile environments.
Specialties: user experience design, service design, product management, mobile ecosystem, cloud services, product marketing, strategic partnerships, digital music, web analytics, consumer behavior, market research, and international expansion.
UX Design Instructor
Academy of Art University - San Francisco, CA
September 2015 to Present
Adjunct faculty, training graduate program students in the fundamentals of user experience design.
- Write and present weekly course exercises and lectures
- Provide one-on-one feedback on proficiency and thoroughness of the concepts and practices discussed in class
- Grade and hold students accountable for their work in the context of personal advancement
VP Product Experiences
YouWeb Incubator - Burlingame, CA
January 2015 to Present
Responsibilities: Product design role with several pre-MVP stage companies, responsible for defining the UX, UI, and product management process.
- Define high level user centered experiences aimed at proving user engagement hypothesis and core business model assumptions
- Build out user flows, wireframes, visual mockups, and clickable mockups for early prototypes
- Articulate the product direction through user stories, schematics, and diagrams to make development actionable and release timelines predictable
Skills Used: wireframes, user flows, user research, prototyping, user testing, A/B testing, mockups, and production level UI
Founding Advisor / Product Design
Beem - stealth music startup - San Francisco, CA
April 2014 to Present
Responsibilities: Product design role with a pre-MVP stage company, responsible for defining the key product use cases and engagement patterns as well as management of the product development process.
OpenAura - visual content management platform for musicians - San Francisco, CA
June 2013 to April 2014
Responsibilities: Hybrid UX/PM role in a pre-MVP stage company, responsible for overall product design including UX and product management, interfacing with the development and management teams.
Director of Product
Songbird - San Francisco, CA
December 2011 to June 2013
Responsibilities: Traditional product management role in a late stage startup, responsible for optimizing key metrics for the entire product line (mobile, platform, desktop, and web app).
- 120% increase in active install base for the android app
- 200% increase in user engagement on the android app
- 70% increase in daily downloads of the desktop app
- Launched MVP of the 1st cloud service resulting in 1.4MM in licensing revenue
Product Design Director
Yidio - San Francisco, CA
June 2010 to September 2011
Responsibilities: Hybrid UX/PM role in an early stage company, responsible for overall product design including UX and product management, interfacing with the development and management teams.
- Manage the design process including development of wireframes, visual mockups, and schematics for all user facing product areas
- 200% increase in signup conversion rate
- 100% increase in revenue generating user actions
Director of Product - Mobile, International, Communications and Community
MySpace.com - Los Angeles, CA
May 2005 to June 2010
Responsibilities: Hired and directly managed 26 reports including graphic designers, UX designers, project managers, content editors and regional marketers. Lead the management and execution of the product roadmap for the International, Community, Mobile verticals.
- Grew the business from $0 – $80MM USD in revenue and from 2.5 – 45MM unique users in 2 years
- Defined the European product marketing strategy for the OpenSocial launch with Google resulting in the largest implementation of the OpenSocial service
- Localized a new revenue stream based on social advertising. Exceeded expectations at $200k in the first month
- Defined a content promotional system to build on Co-Marketing deals with premium brands resulting in over $30MM in promotional value
- Launched v1 of the MySpace Instant Messaging desktop application resulting in the fastest product adoption rate (40% in the first week) of any MySpace product
- Increased engagement on the blogging pages by 200%
Front End Developer / Customer Service
Universal Music - Los Angeles, CA
October 2003 to May 2005
Responsibilities: Sole in-house technical resource specializing in building out custom marketing micro-sites aimed at selling limited edition CDs and vinyl products. Managed 3rd party development of the CRM and Fulfillment system for a $1 Million dollar eBay store.
Web Developer & IT Manager
Winning Directions - South San Francisco, CA
September 2002 to May 2005
Skills Used: html, css, Photoshop, Microsoft Exchange Server, SAN snapshots, OSX server
The Industry Standard - San Francisco, CA
September 1999 to June 2001
B.A. in Mass Communications
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA AT BERKELEY - Berkeley, CA
product management, user experience, user research, market research, product marketing, strategic partnerships